TRAINER: DOMOKOS NAGY
/ Cyber Security Analyst – NRG sector
Domokos has been working on the IT security field for more than 13 years. During this time, he gained many practical experiences both from large companies and public sector companies. As a cybersecurity enthusiastic he always seeks for the challenges of the offensive and defensive side. He has performed a number of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests as well as network forensics and cybersecurity investigations. Sometimes he participates in international cyber defence exercises or in hacking challenges. He also has 5 years of teaching experience in hacking tools and techniques. As a strongly educated professional, he has earned his Master’s degree in Computer Science and holds relevant certifications: TCNU, TCPA, CCNAS, OSCP, ECSA, CEH, GPPA, GCIA, GDAT. His publications mostly deal with security issues of wireless devices and password-breaking and audit-related cases.
FREE PREMIUM ACCESS TO AVATAO TRAINING PLATFORM
Every Hacktivity Training participant will receive 1 month FREE Premium access to the Avatao training platform. The platform is designed by developers for developers and offers hands-on, job-relevant training exercises that enable users to learn new skills, gain new insights, and practice new approaches in software security.
The platform has over 800 challenges covering the entire SDLC. You will learn how to properly write and review code that will prevent unwanted data breaches and system vulnerabilities.
This is an introductory course into the world of hacking. Most of the known tools and techniques will be used to understand why is the hacking so popular nowadays and how easily you can adopt in your everyday or professional life. The main goal of the course is to get familiar with the terminology of hacking via 90% hands-on experience. The training includes very useful parts from discovery and gathering information to access systems on different environments.
- Hacking terms and conditions (ethical, black or white hats, testing methods)
- Reconnaissance (information gathering, OSINT)
- Overview of the Kali Linux Tools
- Hiding data and activity (encryption, covert channels, wrappers, anonymity)
- Password cracking (brute-force, dictionary, rainbow tables, online services)
- Threats of physical access
- Network access (passive interception, active Man-In-The-Middle)
- Basics of Network and Vulnerability Scanning with nmap, Nessus or OpenVAS
- Finding vulnerabilities and exploits with Exploit-db and Metasploit Framework
- Exploiting and customizing payloads
- Web application attacks (OWASP TOP10, scanners, injections, XSS, known hacks)
- Wireless hacking (wardriving, DoS deauthentication, cracking WPA2, rouge AP)
A laptop required with at least 2 cores CPU, 4 GB RAM, 40 GB free space, USB 2.0 port, wired and wireless interface, admin/root privilege on it. You will need an installed Google Chrome web browser and a virtualization software package VMware Player, Fusion (preferred) or Workstation.
To take this course you don’t need deep IT knowledge, but an overview of the following topics is recommended:
- Basics of TCP/IP, LAN networking and configuration
- Basics of managing Linux and Windows systems
- A preparation guide will be provided before the course begins.
Normal Users, Managers, Risk analysts, System Administrators, Developers, Operators, QA testers, network engineers,
- Who is in IT related position;
- Who doesn’t want to be the next victim of a cyber-attack;
- Who wants to gain practical hacking experience safely, without breaking the law;
- Who wants to understand security risks and threats through real-world practical examples